Current Operating Status: Normal
SHABACH! Christian Academy provides an excellent Christ-centered academic program for our students. We believe that it is the responsibility of the Christian school to teach truth, foster intellectual development, employ Christian educators, and operate all school practices and policies with integrity.
United Way number is 8963 and our CFC number is 13132.
- STEM Programming at SHABACH! through Aviation
Digital Teaching Platform
- SHABACH! goes digital at 4th grade! Core instruction delivered through Time to Know.
Powerful Year Long Themes
- Kindergarten – “WISE Owl”
- 1st Grade – “Exploring Our World” Exploration
- 2nd Grade – “Country Spaces… City Places” Change
- 3rd Grade – “We Learn as We Grow” Growth & Cycles
- 4th Grade – “Putting the Pieces Together: The Leader in Me” Leadership
- 5th Grade – “One System” Systems
- 6th Grade – “Life Inc. Designs by God” Interdependence & Stewardship
Technology integration moving full steam ahead at SHABACH!
SCA is the only school in the area that is implementing Time to Know!
Time To Know (T2K) is a teacher-led Digital Teaching Platform (DTP) solution to improve education practices and give students the critical thinking skills they need to compete in a global economy. Founded by Education advocate and business and technology leader Shmuel Meitr and launched in 2007.
T2K is the first DTP solution available to provide a breakthrough A-Z digital curriculum for grades 4-5 Math and English Language Arts in the classrooms.
T2K is designed for one-on-one or high-density computing classrooms and includes a variety of multimedia resources and a sophisticated teacher toolkit to engage students and encourage peer collaboration.
T2K allows teachers to individualize student learning through customized assignments, launch activities for whole class or individual instruction, monitor student and class progress, build formative and summative assessments, and develop reports to demonstrate results.
Through ongoing training, teachers develop strategies for individualizing instruction, building collaborative learning skills, monitoring student progress in real time, and establishing reflective teaching practices.
Parent University is a way to strengthen the school experience for students. Helping parents develop both an understanding of critical school content and effective parenting skills enable the learner to be able to focus on instruction while at school. We believe that strong connections between home and school are essential to student success!
Session I “Take a Second Look!”
November 2, 2013
Understanding your child and the adult that they will one day be requires that the adults that are responsible for their care – make a committed, conscious decision to avoid relationships out of habit! In this session we will look at the science behind relationships! You will leave with insight and strategies for renewing your relationship with your child.
Appropriate for all parents.
Session II “Behavior and Discipline are Two Different Things!”
January 18, 2014
Parents must understand that the adult response to children’s behavior either instills discipline or promotes the development of rebellion. This critical conversation is designed to equip parents with information and tools that will enable them to teach, train and strengthen young problem-solvers!
Appropriate for all parents.
Session III “The Science of Boredom!” – Preparing for Adolescence
March 22, 2014
A child’s movement into adolescence is significant for both the child and their family. Despite that parents tend to be blindsided by challenges that are a natural part of the process. Come and spend time in discussion about the “whats and whys” so that you can be equipped to help your child navigate the changes that are a part of the process while planning on ways to maintain your own sanity in the process!
It’s never too early for a parent to plan… this session is open to all parents. We encourage the parents of Preschoolers to attend!
List of Achievements for School Year 2013 – 2014
- Our Kindergarteners Averaged in the 96th Percentile in Reading, the 97th Percentile in Math, and at the 93rd Percentile on the Complete Battery of Tests that they took this Spring!
- 92% of our students scored above the national average on the complete battery on standardized tests.
- On Standardized Tests, more than 50% of our students scored more than 1 year above grade level!
- Our 6th graders scored a grade level equivalent of 8.3 on the complete battery of standardized tests.
- Our 3rd graders scored a grade level equivalent of 6.0 on the complete battery of standardized tests.
- Our kindergarteners scored a grade level equivalent of 2.2 on the complete battery of standardized tests.
- The average GPA of our 6th graders was 3.2.
What are the kids saying?
“One thing that I like about my school is the fact that we have a great balance here. What I mean is even though we are being challenged academically, we are given the opportunity to have fun with the many activities they offer.”